- Opening device- Do you ever heard of E-waste, what do you do when you replace the old phones, computer?
- Thesis Statement- E-waste is very harmful, we need to learn to recycle it.
- Preview- I will talk about the toxic material in E-waste, E-waste in SF, who should be responsible and how to recycle it.
- What is E-waste
- Definition of E-waste
- The harmful material in E-waste: Lead, cadmium, chromium, brominated flame retardants or PCBS
- The E-waste in SF
- Much E-waste from all over the world
- Spontaneous people recycle it for profit
- Improper way to recyecle
- Who should be responsible?
- Producers, factories have much e-waste output
- Costumers, people don’t recycle or don’t know how to recycle it.
- How to recycle it
- Give to recycler: there are many local recyclers around, google it and find them.
- Donate: Good will, some still usable old tech product can be donated to poor people or country.
- Give back to tech firm like apple, we can earn some cash back when we buy something new
- Summary: I believe we know better about E-waste and know how to recycle it.
- Close Device: Although many states and countries have law about E-waste, people still don’t have a good way to deal with it. Hopefully, one day we will find a way deal with it perfectly.