I read my friend Will’s response, both of us agree with author’s opinion. He thinks the most important thing for a video essay is to include visual, audio, and alphabetic text. By doing so, this will provide the audience with a better sense of understanding and knowledge. I think video essay is not the same as written essay. We should focus on the video part and use the editing strategies to make time transitions.
what make this program unique
what kind of events does the politics program put on that benefits students?
what kind of opportunities are offered for students through this major?
For a long time, my stepson, Jonathan, was unhappy to have me as part of his family, for he resents that he didn’t have both biological parents at home. I tried to get to know him better, but he would complain that I invaded his privacy. As a newcomer, I understand that our relationship will require effort from both of us. It is not enough that I was friendly. Jonathan also has to want us to be friends, and I was not happy with the two of us being strangers, but I can wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.
Anne Marie collected antique bottles and loved to turn them into works of art. She will buy bottles if she likes them, but she prefers to find them on the ground. She will find bottles everywhere, but she picks them selectively. However, she has the best luck at construction sites on old farmland, where she spent most of her time. Often, bottles appeared on the surface after a good rain, but they disappear very soon. She will use special tools for excavating bottles, including a set of brushes. She did not want to break the bottles as she removes them from the ground. After finding a new bottle, Anne Marie will add it to her display case and hung on the wall as an artistic piece (Mangelsdorf, 2013, p. 411).
Aboye Efobe, Zhihao Lou
i. Introduction of politics
ii. Why people choose this major
iii. Interview of students who study in this major
iv. Interview of professor
Understanding democratic politics : an introduction / edited by Roland Axtmann.
1. Multimodal text can effectively convey arguments.
2. We should apply an interview with a professor or an expert from that discipline,
3. Doing research about my major and making an argument for this major.
1. Try to explore some commonly misunderstood ideas about the discipline/major you are interested in.
2. My video should be between 3-4 minutes to concisely communicate the main idea.( multimodal text)
3. Write a transcript with a clear outline and text
1. My dog is not only friendly but also playful.
2. We can go to the park or dancing in the classroom.
We can go to the park or dance in the classroom
3. Jeremy likes to read historical, realistically and speculative fiction.
Jeremy likes to read historical, realistic and speculative fiction.
4. When I went to the bar, I want to dance, drinking and punch on the rowdy faces.
When I went to the bar, I want to dance, drink and punch on the rowdy faces.
5. Buying a car is not a decision to take lightly nor be careless about.
Buying a car is not a decision to take lightly nor be carelessly about
6. Tyler is for the legalization, not criminalization of marijuana.
7. Sally needs a new stove, dishwasher, and knives for her kitchen.
Sally needs a new stove, a dishwasher, and a knife for her kitchen.
8. My first-grade teacher taught me how to write, how to read and play tic-tac-toe.
My first-grade teacher taught me how to write, read and play tic-tac-toe.
9. She will not admit it, nor will she be apologizing.
She will not admit it, nor will she apologize.
10. The whole wheat pasta is better than enriched wheat pasta.
The whole wheat pasta is better than enrich wheat pasta.
11. Literature classes teach students to analyze texts, thinking critically and improve writing.
Literature classes teach students to analyze texts, think critically, and improve writing.
12. Beets are just as nutrient-rich as rutabagas even though they are not in season.
13. Drunk drivers are thoughtlessly taking the lives of other people in their own hands, risk theirown lives, thinking only about their own pleasure and fun, and not consider the consequences of their actions.
Drunk drivers are thoughtless taking the lives of other people in their own hands, risking theirown lives, thinking only about their own pleasure and fun, and not considering the consequences of their actions.
14. In order to convey the information correctly, the police officer spoke loudly to the crowd, tellpeople where they should stan, repeated the information to help people remember, and gesture.
In order to convey the information correctly, the police officer spoke loudly to the crowd, toldpeople where they should stan, repeated the information to help people remember, and gestured.
Drunk drivers are involved in more than 50 percent of traffic deaths.
– This sentence is an example of hard evidence because it uses a statistic.
DNA tests of skin found under the victims fingernails suggest that the defendant was responsible for the assault.
– This sentence is an example of hard evidence because it uses DNA evidence.
A psychologist testified that a teenage violence would not be blamed on video games.
– This sentence is an example of hard evidence because it uses a testimony.
The crowds at President Trump’s inauguration were the largest on record.
– This sentence is a constructed argument because it didn’t give any hard evidence.
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
– This sentence is a constructed argument because it appeals to reason.
No, because it common knowledge.
Yes, he need to cite the book anyway.
No, it is her own work
Yes, they suppose to cite them when they use others’ ideas
Yes, paraphrase still need citation
Yes, because she still need to cite them, cannot assume
No, it is a past action and it happened
No, because it is common knowledge that most of everyone would know
No, it is personal experience
Yes, because it bring other’s idea to use in your paper.
Yes, still he/she need to cite because she still bring in other’s idea