In celebration of the upcoming Election Day, Zief Law Library presents a brand new, publicly-available voting law resource created by Lexis. Whether you have a deep interest in election law or simply want to keep abreast of legislative changes that might affect voting rights, the LexisNexis® U.S. Voting Laws & Legislation Center by the LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation is a robust tool to keep you in-the-know. This week, we take a look at some of its helpful features. Continue reading “New Election Law Resource from LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation”
You’re probably familiar with Lexis+ and Westlaw (soon to be Westlaw Precision) and have used them to find legal research resources, like cases, statutes, regulations and secondary sources. But legal research sometimes requires more than those – and there are other research tools that you can – and should – consider using to help find materials. Here, we’ll dive into HeinOnline, a multidisciplinary legal research platform, and highlight some of its newest database offerings in LGBTQ+ Law, Civil Rights and Social Justice, and Water Law. Continue reading “Beyond Lexis and Westlaw: HeinOnline”
The Zief Law Library added new materials to its collection in September! Check out some of our new titles, with topics including: East Asian politics, civil rights, and legislation; global economic conditions; project management; terrorism and the law; and US administrative procedure. Here is a list of some of our new items, but explore our monthly New Materials at Zief Law Library page for the full list of new arrivals!
- South-East Asia’s Environmental Future: The Search for Sustainability/Harold Brookfield and Yvonne Byron
- The Meaning of Waiting: Tales From The War On Terror: Prisoners’ Wives Verbatum/ Victoria Brittain
- Supreme Quotes: Surprising Quotations In Supreme Court Opinions/ By Evan J. Roth
- A Practical Guide To Legal Writing and Legal Method/ John C. Dernback, Richard V. Singleton II, Cathleen S. Wharton, Catherine J. Wasson
- Judgments of The Israel Supreme Court: Fighting Terrorism Within The Law
- Politics in Indonesia: Democracy, Islam, and the Ideology of Tolerance/ Douglas E. Ramage
- Fundamentals of Counterterrorism/ Amos N. Guiora Austin
- No Money No Honey: A Study of Street Traders and Prostitutes in Jakarta/ Alison J. Murray
- Managing Risks and Decisions in Major Projects/ John C. Chicken
- Dads For Daughters: How Fathers Can Give Their Daughters a Brighter, Better, Fairer Future / Michelle Travis
This post reflects a change from the original published event date of Wednesday, Oct. 12.
In celebration of Wellness Week at USF Law School, our pal Brixton is back! Stop by the Zief Law Library on Friday, October 14th from 1:00pm-2:00pm for some playful stress-relief and tail-waggin’ fun with one of our favorite golden retrievers!
Brixton is a golden retriever with several years of experience as an SPCA therapy-assistance volunteer. Brixton loves belly rubs, making new friends, dressing up in holiday-themed costumes, and smiling for the camera.
The SPCA is one of San Francisco’s leading animal welfare nonprofit organizations. The SPCA is dedicated to matching animals with loving homes, providing access to high-quality veterinary care, and promoting programs such as adoption, animal assisted therapy, and behavioral training. Explore the SPCA website for more information on upcoming events.
Being exposed to so much information, in school, work, and life, can feel overwhelming and chaotic, so managing and organizing the information we gather is critical for our own sake; but, it will also be expected from clients and supervisors. Whether it’s collecting information on a favorite hobby in your free time, gathering sources for an upcoming seminar paper, or capturing your experience and documents after successfully representing a client, knowledge management (“KM”) systems, tools, and practices help us stay organized and produce great outcomes. Continue reading “Tech Tip: Digital Knowledge Management Tools to Organize Your Life, Studies, and Law Practice”