Write a Letter to Your Future 3L Self!
Congratulations on starting your law school journey! These next few years will be full of incredible professors, supportive classmates, challenging internships and jobs, and self-growth. When you graduate, you’ll likely find you’ve grown more professionally and personally than you could have imagined. Zief Law Library welcomes you to reflect on your current goals and write a letter to yourself to read when you graduate law school. The library staff will keep your letter sealed and return the letter to you when you graduate.
- Pick up the letterhead and envelope by the Daily Chuckle in Zief Law Library.
- Located on the first floor of the library across from the Circulation desk.
- Or, email your letter to email@example.com. Steffi Ando, the Access Services Lead, will print it on letterhead. All letters will be kept confidential.
- Write a letter to your 3L self. Suggested prompts are located at the bottom of this page.
- Write your name on the envelope.
- If you are not a 1L but want to participate, write your graduating year on the envelope. We organize the letters by graduating years and do not want to misplace yours!
- Zief Law Library staff will stamp the envelope with the date you submit the letter on. We will stamp the envelope with the date you pick it up on too!
You may follow these prompts or come up with your own:
Why did you choose to apply to law school? Why did you choose the University of San Francisco School of Law? What are you most excited about? What are you most nervous about? Where do you hope to be in 3 years? Who do you want to be in 3 years? What do you want to ask your future self?