1. My first idea for my speech is a credibility assessment on Kathryn Bertine. I know that Kathryn Bertine has accomplished much in her life in advocating for more women in cling and has achieved a lot, but I’m thinking of critiquing her credentials, by questioning her over ambition and limitations.

2. My second idea for my academic or professional goals is a speech about the effects of bicycling and injury rates. I’ve studied medicine for many years with the idea that I’d become a doctor, but not anymore. However, I still am interested in medicine. I know that many cyclists are injured or even killed by other vehicles, accidents with factors like weather, visibility or poor safety measure like not wearing helmets.

3. My personal speech idea is on my interest in culture and fashion. I’m thinking of the doing research and presentation of cycling in the fashion and cultural sense. Like that photo we were shown in class with the guy with an eleborate and colorful bike. I want to study why is that a ‘thing’ and is it ‘in’? There are also sub-cultures of cycling with racing, mountain biking, casual biking, transportation (to work or for work), etc.