2/12 Audio Essay Pitch

It was a story happened in last November, I was checking my instagram account, I saw a picture posted by a famous cosmetics brand. The picture was a meme that include words, when I saw this picture I was completed shocked and very angry about that, I don’t think that is acceptable to post a picture that include insulting words towards certain race. I was heartbreaking, this brand use to be one of the brand that I really like, and I use to think that a brand like this wouldn’t do something that is considered racism.  I was too shock to comment anything on their Instagram at that time, so I took some time to calm down. Then the instagram account delete that picture and post a cat picture with apology, people were commenting that it’s not a big deal, they will forgive this brand, ironically all the people that were commenting were white, none of them was Asian, and people saying that Asians are too dramatic, I was completely wordless.

From this story I understand that it’s hard for other people to understand what’s your feeling inside, it’s ridiculous how many comments are saying how dramatic we are. I had no words to say at that point, I turn off my phone and thinking why people that are not our race even speak for ourselves, if they are not the same race, hoe can they possible understand what certain words or actions means to us.