S1 Presentation: Self and pier evaluation

Preparing the presentation was very enjoyable. I found researching Armstrong to be very interesting. Memorising the speech was definitely not an easy challenge, in return I feel accomplished to have managed it. I was nervous and therefore wanted to get it over with as soon as possible. After I presented my speech I felt relieved and satisfied. Although something that I hope to improve on, is connecting with the audience. I believe that I applied some of the ideas of credibility studied in class. For example; the 4 different types of credibility, User expertise/understanding, Evaluation error and the qualities of a credible person. I thought that Victoria added value to her speech by incorporating a quote from the CEO of the SF bike coalition. Amanda was skillful in mentioning another persons’ talk. Finally I though that Koko by writing the name of his subject on the board further focused the audience on his topic.

One thought on “S1 Presentation: Self and pier evaluation

1. Ettore, thanks for this self-assessment. I agree that you did a great job integrating the concepts from the reading — in fact, I think your presentation was among the best in the class in this respect. I also agree that connection with the audience seemed to be a challenge. I admit, I was surprised– in conversation and class discussion, you are confident and outgoing. The challenge, I think, is essentially for you to be yourself when speaking — to let your personable, friendly, confident style come through. Good work, I’m looking forward to your next presentation.