With the approaching start of the fall semester, we look forward to welcoming both new and returning students alike back to campus!
To help kick off a successful semester, we’re sharing a quick overview of how to access Gleeson Library’s e-resources, which will benefit those unfamiliar with them and serve as a useful reminder to those who may not have utilized them much over the summer.
First, remember that the Gleeson Library homepage is your entry point for your research needs. Access to all of our resources begins from here.
With its search box prominently displayed front and center, Fusion is among our most heavily used resources providing a one-stop shop for a quick look at what research materials, such as journal articles, might be available on nearly any given topic. Many of Gleeson’s most used e-resources are included in Fusion. Search results are easily sortable by a wide range of factors, including date published, material type, and publication.
Databases, Encyclopedias, Journal Finder, Ignacio Library Catalog
- Databases lists all of Gleeson’s research databases, which are available for you to search.
- Journal Finder allows for searching library holdings by publication title, giving online access to thousands of journals, magazines, and newspapers, both latest issues and back files of titles ranging from pop culture interests to scholarly, peer-reviewed academic/scientific fields.
- Ignacio is a complete listing of all Gleeson’s books (print and ebooks), videos, and streaming media collections.
Connecting to Online Resources
This page offers detailed info on accessing Gleeson’s e-resources via our library website as well as via content provider sites (if you find yourself at a restricted site from a Google search and wonder if we have access.)
In addition, in the side column are links to these useful pages:
- Linking to Library Resources for instructions on sharing articles with fellow students and faculty.
- Using Ebooks guide to using our most used ebook collections.
- FAQs on a broad array of library-wide matters.
- Library Systems Status lists any scheduled maintenance and current problems affecting access to any of our databases.
- Report a Problem and let us know if you encounter any difficulties or have questions.
Just Ask Us
Also worth noting, our Ask A Librarian button link appears “floating” on the lower right side of the screen on every landing page.
As this is a one-stop destination for contacting various departments at Gleeson Library for all your library-related queries, please use it whenever needed.