I thought both of the articles were very interesting. The article “If Kant Were a New York Cyclist” at first sounded like a Doctor Suess story in the way the first paragraph was written. The message in that article that I took away  was that it may seem ok to bend the laws to fit you because you are only one person but it really isn’t. If everyone did that same thing as you did it would cause more harm. For me I normally obey the laws when biking. I pretty much always come to a complete stop at stop signs and when I don’t I do a “California stop”.  Thinking if every biker at the same time were to disobey the traffic laws would be extremely chaotic and would cause a bunch of accidents. Like the article said I know that a bike isn’t like a car so it is more ok than if a car where to break the law but it still isn’t the “right” thing to do. If more and more cyclists start bending the rules to their convince the more unpredictable they will be and get into more accident. There is also the fact that it could teach younger people to behave that way.