0

Spatial Observation: Dolores Park

img_9854img_9855

I took Bus #33 to get to Dolores Park. I saw the Castro while on the bus ride. When I got off the bus, the first thing I noticed was a basketball court, along with a tennis court and a big, green open area. I also noticed that the J-Line was on the right of the edge of the park. There were a lot of people laying on blankets on the grass, drinking and eating. Most had music playing from their speakers. I didn’t see many little kids or many dogs to that matter. Mission High School is right in front of the park. The space was shaped as an open area with a curving path crossing in between the field. On the left side of the path, it was the flat area and on the right side of the path, it was an area with hills. There were no markings on subspaces at all. The only subspace is the sidewalk and people were walking on whichever side  they pleased. The people were using the space as a picnic area, yoga place, somewhere to lie down and relax, playing catch, etc. I didn’t see any pets many pets at the park and if I did they were only on a walk on the sidewalk with their owner that was running. Speeds taking place were extremely slow walking, moderate walking pace, speed walking, and running.

zmartinezgarcia