December 1st

After discussing my argument with my group on how I felt that elementary schools should implement a typing skills class/ keyboarding class, they were surprised to see my articles on how many parents complain about their children’s typing skills. Someone in my group brought up how I should start my argument with my tie to the argument, then slowly add facts about how children are struggling to improve their typing skills in middle school. I haven’t done too much research on how I will completely outline the speech. However, I will find pictures of websites students should use to improve their keyboard skills and data.

Group Work

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/hillaryclintonbeijingspeech.htm

Opening: General show of respect to women and how their rights matter.

Thesis: “The great challenge of this conference is to give voice to women everywhere whose experiences go unnoticed, whose words go unheard.”

Body Preview: Overall, Hillary Clinton explains how she speaks for women around the world to be able to obtain an education and have a general say of their livelihoods. She then goes on to talk about how women are sexually assaulted and how they are silenced. From there, she describes how women’s rights have the same value as human rights and that we should all speak freely and be heard, regardless of gender. 

Persuasive Techniques: Hillary’s usage of Ethos in describing her travels to meet women in different jobs all over the world and how she firsthand experiences their hardships is effective. The appeal to Pathos is also a persuasive technique used by Hillary, when describing the long grueling working hours of women, unfair paying standards, and unfair job restrictions. 

Conclusion: Hillary concludes on a hopeful note, restating her desire for a world where equal treatment is given to every boy and girl; where everyone is loved and cared for equally. The call to action comes in the form of a statement that people must share their recognition of problems in order to work together and to build common ground.