0

Find Spring4/1

Date: 4/1/2020

Weather: Sunny

Location: Heron Bay & Backyard(San Leandro)

After moved out of the university dorm, I moved into my high school teacher’s house in San Leandro, about 30 minutes from USF. Not gonna post the map location because I don’t want any strangers coming to the house lol. We have a little backyard in this house and there are some planted plants where nobody knows their name. So I guess I will try to take some pictures and figure it out today.

Signs of Spring:

1. While I walk to the backyard today, I saw these buds on the top of the plants. I think this is one sign of spring because the plants won’t have buds in the winter since it’s too cold. 
  2. Another sign of spring is birds. Since I can’t really go out, the way I experience the environment is by looking out form the window in my room. Recently, I heard a lot of bird calls in the morning. When I look outside today, I saw two wild geese and a duck swimming in the lake. Birds are a sign of spring because they usually migrate to warm places every year.
  3. The last sign of spring is the weather. Even I didn’t really go outside. I feel like the weather has been warmer and warmer compare to the past few weeks

Leaves:

1. This leaf is from hybrid tea rose in the back yard of the house. It has a color of yellow-green with a red-purple peduncle. It’s around 5 to 10 centimeters long. It has an elliptic shape and a serrate margin. It also has a pinnate venation. The leaves are soft and its edges are not that sharp. It’s smooth on the surface.

2.  This leave is also found in the back yard of the house. It’s on a taller tree than the first leaf. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what type of tree it is after some research. The leaves appear a color of green and yellow. It has brown peduncle. It also has an elliptic shape and a smooth and entire margin. Its venation is pinnate. It has a very smooth surface and the leaf itself is firm.

3. The third leaf is found on a bigger tree. After some research, I think it’s a summer grape(not sure). It has a really light green color. It has a lobed shape and ciliate margin. It also has a pinnate venation. The leaf felt soft and its rough one the top.

That’s everything for this blog. Since I didn’t go outside, there’s not much events going on or things I observed. Overall it’s a great experience because I never look so detailed into the backyard before.

msun28