The Fixie Life – Public Speaking Presentation-2ew5229

I was extremely proud of the PowerPoint I made, but the execution of it didn’t go as planned. My computer froze mid-presentation, which may have been a blessing in disguise. Well, a learning experience for sure. It made me realize that I cannot and should not rely on a PowerPoint for a presentation and/or speech. They are good as an aid, but not necessary. Nonetheless, I was still bummed when this happened since I spent a good amount of time making it, and really wanted to share it with the class. I wish I had given more eye contact and presented in a more conversational and natural manner, which I will work on in the future. I feel that these are two important qualities in a speaker and really shows that you care. Overall, I do believe that I conveyed the information to the audience and made the impact I wanted to make. I was able to get my main points across, which is crucial. My delivery was questionable, but not terrible. I knew this was not my strong point, so I just wanted to get up there and get some experience in. I think I’ll become more and more comfortable with further experience. But, I still need to focus on improvement. I need to work on things like not looking at my paper as much. Creating my presentation and watching others do the same did teach me about credibility, and how to spot the various levels of credibility. It’s quite an achievement when someone comes across as very knowledgeable on a subject. I also do think that I learned about the ethics of public speaking in this assignment. It really taught me the do’s and don’ts and what I should be doing and looking for in other speakers. For future presentations, I think I’ll just take what I learned from this presentation and try and improve and work from that. I think I did a fairly good job, but obviously there is room for improvement. In the future, though, I’m sure my construction of the speech and execution will be much more organized as I will know how to start and where to go from each point. A big take away from this assignment for me was the pressure to not rely on a PowerPoint; it really messed up my flow.