In his article “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?”, Duane made me aware of something that I was not aware of at all. I never knew that cyclists are the ones to blame whenever an accident occurs. I used to think that drivers are always the ones to blame since they have all the power needed to actually harm the cyclists, and not vice versa. Also, in most accidents, as mentioned in the article drivers were not even cited nor charged for the death of certain cyclists and were set free to go. And somehow, to my surprise, the majority of people support the drivers and their excuses especially if they were not drunk because most people drive and so they sympathize with the drivers.

My fear of using a bicycle as a daily transport medium developed over time from the numerous horrible accidents that come out every day concerning the death of certain cyclists. I related to Duane because I also decided to overcome my fears of cycling during my stay in San Francisco. I want to become more of a sport person, lose weight and try to explore the world and the nature around me in a different view as most cyclists usually do.
photo12-e1384125633494