Outline:

1) Expanding on m previous S2 Topic.
2) Mentioning only four points found in law number 89
3) Mentioning my proposal to the people who work for the ministry of transportation.
4) Raising my arguments
5) Conclusion

Write out:

As I mentioned at the end of my S2 presentation, I hope that one day, I will be able to instill the rules regarding Biking that are in San Francisco back in Jordan. I decided to make use of my S3 presentation to explore my previous topic and build on it. In order to be able to implement at least some of the rules back home, I have to contact at least one of the people in authority and who actually have the power to implement changes in the city. I came with a decision to research more about the transportation laws in Jordan so that I can be able to raise awareness and raise arguments to convince the ministry of transportation, people who are in authority and power, about it, about my ambition:

Some of the laws stated in Law number 89 include:

1) Devising the general policy for transport and overseeing its implementation in coordination and cooperation with all related parties.
2) Regulating and monitoring the road freight transport sector and its services, as well as issuance of necessary permits for individuals and companies operating in the sector.
3) Setting freight transport’s fares and tariffs.
4) Preparing a necessary researches and studies for developing the sector, and issuing periodic bulletins and reports on its activities.

I will try to raise awareness by mentioning to one of those who work at the ministry:

I, Dina Qubain, an 18-year old student who has lived all her life in Jordan, is actually striving towards the wellness of the society and the people so I would like to propose a proposal that would actually benefit our city along with its citizens significantly. As I first moved to San Francisco, I realized how a great number of people use bicycles as their transportation mediums and most of the people are actually fit. Cycling does not cause any sort of traffic because cyclists have their own lanes and some people abide by all the rules. I really believe that setting up bike lanes in the city and raising awareness on how useful it is to cycle to places will benefit our community in numerous ways:

a) Since people complain a lot about all the traffic and how over-crowded the cities are and how it takes them a lot of time to reach their places of destination, riding a bicycle will allow people to commute faster.
b) Cycling will increase a person’s brain power
c) Using bicycles as a way to transport from a place to another improves a person’s physical health and helps them to lose weight
d) Cycling helps people, especially those who suffer from illnesses to beat all their diseases.
e) Cheaper for the citizens, especially since the country is ranked as one of the poorest countries in the whole world.
To conclude, I really hope you take my proposal into consideration bearing in mind that this is not a sort of a child’s dream, as I mentioned earlier, I am an 18-year old student with a Diploma degree, faced numerous experiences in similar fields and I am currently pursuing Politics as my major on the pre-law track at USF as mentioned in the resume that I handed to our earlier.

Audience:

The audience that I would like to address in my presentation are the people who are currently working for the Jordanian ministry of transportation. The people working there have the authority and the power to implement changes in the cities upon people’s requests. They usually listen to what people have to say and take it into consideration and then they assess whether it will actually benefit the community along with the people in it or not and then decide whether they should implement such decisions.

Credibility:
As Horner mentioned in his article, credibility could simply be established if the speaker gives the audience a sense of his/her intelligence and common sense, virtue and good character. The credibility of my presentation is conveyed through that fact that I used factual information and actual stated laws which shows that I am actually serious regarding my proposal. I also decided to post my resume so that my audience will get to know me more and know that I had previous experiences in such fields. I personally think that good character and common sense were mainly displayed in my resume.