Class 12 Post

Image result for youtube logoDuring Class number 12 we spent the majority of the class learning about the importance of youtube in public speaking today and also analyzed different forms of Youtube voice. What I found most interesting about this class was Prof. Hunt’s view of Youtube. Throughout my childhood, Youtube has basically been an omnipresent source of influence and inspiration for me. Because I don’t remember a time before Youtube, I had never thought of what Youtube is as a tool and what impact it has had on the world. I think that the idea of Youtube providing an enormous potential audience to people who wouldn’t be able to attract the same size audience without the tool of Youtube is especially interesting because I never thought of youtube as a platform for public speaking rather a form of personal expression or a tool to extend information. It is also interesting to see the trends or “formula” to gaining attention on youtube because I personally don’t watch a large amount of public speaking style vlog videos. The similarities in the vlog style videos are bountiful, and will forever be something I notice when watching that style of video.