Meaning of name

My name is Ruki, as I metioned a lot of times. I name myself Ruki, because it sounds close to my Chinese name, Luji路汲. But before this name, Nathan was my English name I used for my whole middle school and high school.

To my Chinese name Luji. Lu路 means road, Ji汲 means get things from others. My parents wanted me get experience from things on my way to grow up. And I got a story for my English name too.

For a Chinese to make a English name it is very tricky. I still remember the first time during primary school my English teacher asked me do I have an English name? What is it? I said my English name was Superman just because I wanted to be special, I didn’t want to have a same name with any other people. Unfortunately, my English teacher told me that Superman isn’t a name, so I asked my parents what should I name myself. My parents asked my cousin who was borned in Canada and lived there for five years. She said that I should name myself Nathan, I didn’t like that name but I have to use it.

Everytime I told others my name is Nathan, I feel shame. It is not creative and special, it is meanless. In short, Nathan is not cool! I tried to find a speical name for myself a lot of times, but none of them made me feel it fit for me. Till my senior year during high school, a lot of people whatever from China or America, they all said that the pronounce of my Chinese name souds good. So I thought maybe I can name myself with a close pronounce to my Chinese name. Then I started use the name Ruki, I had this name behind my hoodie and everybody started call me Ruki, I feel good not only because it made me feel different, but also ruki(rookie) is unobtrusive.