Lorena and Melissa
- It is unrealistic to expect from a single employee to master all different four literacies
- To be an expert in these four specific literacies means to be local
- At the same time, professional communicators of multinational companies need to assimilate the literacies in order to understand the foreign culture (ex: understand new target audience while creating products strategy on international campaigns) and also as a reflection of their own cultures and values.
- Melissa workplace: you have to be good at a variety of skill sets but if they need an expert for a specific work (cultural aspect/language barrier) they will hire someone outside of the company for that
- “Know your people”: the dialogical approach is not always the best idea to promote team integration inside of a company