August 31 Free writing

The first thing that came in mind was how I began to learn Spanish in 1st grade because it was required in my school for some reason. So I have been learning Spanish for about 10 plus years now. In high school, I was always in the Spanish honors classes and AP. Spanish as helped me with a lot especially because some of my family can talk in Spanish, my dad can speak Spanish, and also just random life encounters when I had the chance to use to ability to speak in Spanish. I could also apply it to my vacation to Europe and in Barcelona, it was easy to get around just because I understood everything.

I could also write about learning/ journey on loving myself. Growing up this has always been a problem. I always tried to find something wrong with me. on top of that, my parents put a lot of pressure on me because they compare me to my perfect smart sister. Also dealing with illnesses throughout the years. This topic is something I’ll never forget just because of how much it affected and put my life on hold for the most part. But right now I am doing much better, I would say. I feel like this topic/ literacy essay I would have more to talk about, but I don’t know if I would put myself out there like that just because I’m scared.