0

October 28th Individual Writing

Reading Response Analysis

I read Ruby’s response on Paula Mirando’s article called “Shared Experiences of Multiethnic Children in Stealing Buddha’s Dinner.” She began by discussing the cultural diversity presented on the memoir. In doing so she reflected on how someones cultural identity can included multiple cultures which can make someone feel conflicted. In our responses we both highlighted that when someone feels conflicted about their identity it can lead to isolation and feeling like an outsider. In my response I spoke on my personal experience feeling conflicted with my own religious identity whereas Ruby used more evidence from the actual article to elaborate on the authors argument. Although our conclusions of what the general argument of the article was we both decided that our culture and religion is a big part of our identity and it is easy to become conflicted about who you are and where you belong.

Essay 2 Feedback Reflection

After reviewing the marginal comments for Essay Two; a general issue I seemed to have was developing credibility for the sources I used. For example, in my introduction I should I have giving more information about the source itself in order to show the audience the source is reliable. I believe my arguments were strong and my evidence was reliable; however, I need to analyze the information more. I should go into more detail about reasons why certain things would work. Similarly, when using the rhetorical appeal of logos, since this is based on logic, I could have related this to the audience giving a general example to have a broader audience. For the future, I plan to read my essay’s out loud more than once before turning it in. I find that hearing my writing out loud helps me here grammatical errors. I could definitely use this skill to improve my use of APA style in-text citations. My punctuation was incorrect for some of my quote sandwiches; which next time could be easily pointed out when reading aloud. Overall I believe my use of rhetorical appeals to analyze media or text is good, but I need to improve on elaborating on important details

Kate Zamos