0

November 16th Individual Response

I first read Sahara’s response for November 16th on presenting arguments. We both began by discussing the general topic discussed in this chapter. Next I went into talking about the fears of presenting whereas Sahara began using examples to describe important skills such as assessing the audience. I liked how she used specific examples from the textbook that shows the importance of this skill. By describing the photograph she is able to highlight how audience affects outcome. I next read Jamye’s response. I like the strong language she uses in her writing. She is very clear which makes the reader able to see she understand what she is talking about. She began by explaining the methods that help keep the audience engaged. She then began to talk use examples about how knowing and understanding your audience also helps. Similarly in my response I talked about how practicing before allows you to correct mistakes and find time in your speech to connect with the audience. Overall the key point I everyone got down was that it is important to know your audience and relate your speech to them in order to better connect and educate.

Kate Zamos