0

November 11th Individual Blog Writing

Analyzing Peer Response: Effective Presentations

I first read ryans response about chapter 15: effective presentations. We both began by discussing the overall topic of the chapter and described the skills necessary for presenting a verbal argument. In order to show the important skills how the authors shared we both used the example of Juliana Changs presentation highlighting the significance of the emotion packed introduction and conclusion. I really liked how Ryan shared his personal experience of the importance of a memorable intro and conclusion by talking about a presentation he heard in middle school. Overall our responses were similar in describing the skills however I liked Ryans detailed examples and bringing his personal experience into the response.

I next read Jelo’s response. She began by highlighting the most important skills to incorporate in a verbal presentation which is concrete diction and straight forward syntax. She not only shared the significance but she also went into detail about what the skills mean in terms of effective presenting. Something I found in common with our responses was we both used examples from the chapter and talked about the difference in a written argument versus a verbal argument. In terms of audience for both written and verbal arguments the intro and conclusion are the parts that stick with them the most. At the end of Jelo’s response I liked how she went into depth about the power of silence. I did not highlight this in my response but I think it is very important in creating an effecting presentation.

Kate Zamos