10/19 individual writting

In today’s class, I read two group mates’ response

I start with Elizabeth. She summarizes the main point of the section in the book “Using visual media in your academic writing can have all the reach and versatility of more conventional verbal appeals to pathos, ethos, and logos. Often even more”. Moreover, she gives examples to illustrate it. Apollo 8 “earthrise” and poster from presidential candidates. Different from my writing, I like to give an example out of the textbook.

For Feng, he also focuses on the main topic of this section that is visual arguments, the images, have a powerful tool to support arguments. He uses an example of the Chinese government. They print pictures and tests on the wall to promote their policies and their concept and value to the people. Nowadays it becomes a cultural signal in China. His example is familiar to me, so when it comes to someone who does not know about it, they can check it out and leave a deep impression about visual arguments.