10/28 In-class Activities and Essay 2 Feedback

Today, I discussed with Runze and Ruki in a breakout room.

In Ruki’s response, I have known that he had a hard time when he was in high school, get isolated, can’t get the love from the host family.

In Runze’s response, he talks about the experience when he took an Africa music course, and he seemed to be an outsider in this class. It’s hard for him to catch points like. If you don’t the culture, some jokes, or slangs you may not understand. I have the same issue as well, and it happens every day. Sometimes I still can not understand what the people saying.  So I have the same feeling as him.

Different from mine, two of my group mates are talking about their personal experience but I write about my roommates’ experience. I think maybe the personal experience is more directly than others’ stories.

Essay 2 Feedback

After I review the feedback there are several aspects I need to improve.

One is In my introduction, I need to declare the where has article come from and make some information to show its reliability. That is what I lost in my essay.

Then, in the second part of the body paragraph, I just analyze some information in the article but I forget to leave some comments on how that information supports the main arguments.

At last in the conclusion. I need to add a takeaway message from the article. After I read the article. I have known that the restaurant industry is suffering a hard time during the pandemic of both owners and workers. In addition, the article also provides a perspective that the industry itself needs to change like Increase employee benefits and security