October 28th 2020 individual writing

After reading Meijing Zhao’s response. We can both agree on Paula Mirando’s argument and her main points: multiethnic children should accept all their family cultures and not in favor one and deny the other. However, the difference between her work and mine is that she did not have her own experience that connects to the essay. So that, she did a better analysis I think to explain Paula Mirando’s situation. I can tell that she imagined herself in Paula Mirando’s position, she felt what Paula Mirando felt. Although she does not have a personal experience on multiethnic family, she does have a clear understanding on Paula Mirando’s work.

Reflection on Essay 2 feedback

After read professor Tika’s feedback on my Essay 2, I do see some changes that I can improve in the future. I think one of the most important thing that I was missing in this essay is the percentage of each part of analysis. I think I wrote too much for ethos, so that for logos and pathos, the details did not show them effective enough. In the future, I will limit how each part’s length should be. Also, I made some mistakes on things that I shouldn’t, such as I didn’t put where did the article get published. That is a sign of I didn’t pay attention to my essay close enough. In addition, I also need to improve my time management in the future essays. I felt I did rush through this essay a bit, so next time in the future, I will try to break my essay down to parts and I will finish each parts in each day. So that, there will be less mistakes since I don’t write a lot in one time.