0

October 19th- In Class Writing

I read Sabrina’s and Katie’s responses.

Sabrina’s was similar to mine because we summarized how visual arguments can appeal to emotions and authority. However, I added a part about logos and she did not. We both gave one example for each of our summaries. She used the Zelda example for colors and I used McDonald’s logo. She put a big emphasis on how your own visual arguments should be easy to follow. I put a minor emphasis on the simplicity factor. Her response is more organized than mine because she splits the various topics into different paragraphs. I like her style more because it is easy to differentiate the different ideas, but mine is more a two paragraphs: one for summary and one for response. I think I will try to use her strategy of many paragraphs to make it easier to read my responses.

Katie starts out with a introduction into the chapter, and then dives into more in-depth details. She focuses on color and knowing your audience. She mentions how you should think like your audience when making your visual argument. I like this part because that is vital to making a good visual argument, for you need to have the audience like it. She describes the effects of color well with the Zelda example. She explains how colors create a subconscious reaction in the reader. We both mentioned how colors create reactions without the reader thinking about it. I like how Katie summarized the chapter as a whole then picked the most important parts to talk about. I try to summarize everything which is not a good strategy. I like how she chooses what is most important and leaves out the less important pieces. I think I should incorporate this strategy more often.

rjduncan