This week, ZiefBrief takes a look at how to take advantage of your student status and save on professional tools, supplies, and clothing.
Student Discount Services
As you are gearing up for your summer internships and post-bar employment, take advantage of your student status to build your professional wardrobe and toolkit. Before purchasing professional attire, check if Student Beans or UniDays offers a student discount. Brands like Coach, Footlocker, Marc Jacobs, and Charles Tywhitt are available on Student Beans and UniDays. Be sure to check for discounts on stationary or tools, like Muji Stationary, The Happy Planner, or Logitech. This post will focus on professional attire and tools, but continue to explore these sites for other products and services that may help in your overall success, such as health, travel, and more.
Tips on Student Beans and UniDays
- Student Beans
- Choose a category on the menu, such as “Fashion” or “Home and Tech.”
- Choose which discounts you want to search for on the side bar, such as “Student” or “Freebie” to filter out general sales from student discounts.
- If you are about to graduate, check out Grad Beans for discounts!
- Use the top menu bar for drop-down menus on each category.
- You’ll find a sample of their offerings and can continue searching by clicking “View All” usually located on the right side of the page.
If you have not found what you need through Student Beans and UniDays, these shops offer discounts directly through their websites and stores.
- J. Crew offers 15% off with a valid college ID.
- Madewell offers 15% off online and in-store purchases.
Stay on top of your goals with proper organization and tools.
Recreation and Mental Health Services
Adjust to your internship, job, or bar study with mindfulness. Remember you are a person first and give yourself time to breathe.
- Headspace uses science-backed mindfulness and meditation tools and has been proven to lower stress levels by 14% in 10 days. As a student, you can access Headspace for $9.99/year (85% off!).
- If you have an interview and do not want to rely on the SF Muni or rideshare services, ZipCar’s student plan can save you up to $55/year.
- Find new ways to explore the city with the San Francisco Public Library’s Discover and Go! Register for free passes to museums, movies, the zoo, and more!
As a law student, you’re likely to make a tech purchase. Remember to check student discount service websites first and check the following companies for their direct discounts.
- Adobe: Over 60% off Creative Cloud All Apps plan for students and teachers.
- HP: Up to 40% off everyday savings.
- Samsung: Up to 30% off select items with the Education Offers Program.
- Razer: 20% off Razer gear, PC parts and accessories, 10% off gaming chairs and 5% off laptops.
- Microsoft: Up to 10% off select tech for students and parents.
- Download Microsoft Office for free using your USF credentials.
- Apple: College students can get a discount on select tech starting at $50 off, 20% off AppleCare+, credit with Apple Trade In and more.