0

Dons' Doings: Communication Studies Game Day, Men's Baseball, Saturday March 12!

Are you still tossing and turning, upset that you were unable to see the World Champion San Francisco Giants play at their home field, AT&T Park?  Well, I have a bit of a solution: This Saturday’s Communication Studies Game Day!  Why?  Because our Diamond Dons baseball team will be playing at the famed AT&T Park!  And the tickets to this game are much cheaper than those World Series tickets!  Read on for the details!  (Photos courtesy of USF Baseball, USF Athletics).

The Diamond Dons

The Dons will be taking on Long Beach State as part of the AT&T Tournament.  The game starts at 3:00 pm in AT&T Park.  Tickets are $6 with a student ID, $13 adult.  We will be sitting as close to the field as possible, lower level, behind our team’s dugout.  As always, look for my green and gold pom poms.  And, because we are so high tech these days, I will be tweeting our specific location once I get there!  You can see my tweets by clicking here (even if you don’t have a twitter account): @USFDONSCOMS so we should be able to find each other. 

We have three Communication Studies majors on the team:

Senior right-handed pitcher, #15 Sean Burns:

#15 Sean Burns

Senior right-handed pitcher, #18 Jonathan Abramson:

#18 Jonathan Abramson

And Junior short stop, #28 Adam Clear:

#28 Adam Clear

Now, I know spring break is just around the corner, but I don’t think everyone is heading off for a tropical getaway.  And, I think catching a game at AT&T Park is one of the very “San Francisco” things that you must do while you are a student.  So, if you haven’t had a chance yet, join us to cheer on the Dons baseball team as they take on Long Beach State this Saturday!  My baseball knowledge is sadly lacking, so I’m looking for some “baseball tutors” to help me understand the game!  Are you up for the challenge?